Photo

Suspension for road-course/grip. Flame away.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 891 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

i guess thats sort of what helper springs are like? the dual dampening? got me thinking to try it out on the supra, but my spare helpers in there and raise the rear to compensate for it. the s13 has helper springs in the rear and its a damn cadillac

#22 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7384 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

Are porsche owners just born stupid?

The fucking middle sliders have been around, and cheap for decades.

https://www.ebay.com...ER/292069841331

All the major coil-over manufactures out of Japan offer them.

Dual rate springs are also been around, as 1-piece coils.

Just ask Rue, as he's running some HKS springs he got from me.

Wait, you can't, someone kicked him off because he called schlammie an idiot (he was, ruined a perfectly good car, then parted it out).

Most spring sliders are used with high spring rate main springs, and very weak make-up springs to keep the springs in tension at full extension, and keeping the car low at the same time, otherwise the springs will fall off the seats at full extension.

All the moron coil-over users  who just live with springs popping out just live with it, avoid going fast, and are full of excuses.

Dual springs are not dual dampening, they are completely different functions.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#23 JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa

I ♥ 1.5JZ + Holset

• Administrators
  • 1845 posts
  • Interests:I'm old, have kids, and my Cressida only comes out to play every couple years.
  • Powered By:1.5JZ

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:57 AM

thats exactly what i did. shortly after i did what i did, stance made drop in coils for the MKII and flipped the rear so it bolts in, no need for hacking. you havent seen?

http://raptorracing....overs-mk2-supra

lil hard to see, but these are least have the proper camber plates for the front. i used all s13 stuff.  if you want pictures of what i did, theyre in my thread ... and if theyre not there i can send you them

I've seen the stance setup. I'm just not convinced that's the route I want to go since 100% of the spring and shock load is on the stock shock tower, which wasn't designed for that amount of load.  I've got S13 front camber plates, and modified S13 rear coils in my car now, but the S13 rears using S9 upper spring seats don't work very well unless you run really short springs and the car is absolutely canned. Like, you almost tuck tire at full droop... Not a great setup. 

I'll check out your thread. I haven't spent enough time on JZXP lately. There's still some great stuff happening here,

"JZXP - we get death threats" -Rayray
-1987 AE86 Corolla with 20 valve swap SOLD
-1985 MX73 Cressida 1.5JZ Holset HX35 & MS3X
Toysport and 935 Motorsports suck. Don't buy from either.

#24 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2881 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:50 AM

^^ 

If you take your shock off and look there is a far amount of material the upper bolt has to pass through.  There are tons of MK2 guys that have been running stance/t3's full stand alone option with 0 reinforcement for years with no issue.  I guess you could make the point our cars are a couple hundred pounds more but I highly doubt that would make a difference.   The only person I know threw a shock through his tower was Lloyd, but that was wack x7 rear end in the back of his x3 which is not the same upper as x7s 

If you are looking for real/solid input you should probably check celica supra forums or the main celica supra group on Facebook.  I find the info there much more useful than that found on most cressida locations (here excluded.) As the average person who tends to mess with mk2s seem to be quite a bit more mechanically knowledgeable.  And there are tons of people who actually race their cars rather than bench race and theory craft.  There is a shop thats about to start selling custom trailing arms that accept different hubs (similar to what I did) but fully new and tubular.  Kind of wild.

Also if you are serious about s13 subframe you should look around, I think it's a little more intrusive than initially thought.   This car comes to mind, https://www.instagra...en-by=nissota86

I'm sure there are better cleaner ways to do it.  I know John Sea (on FB) used to be on here as well, created his own subframe to bolt into the rear that took the diff and arms from s13.  I don't think it was as intrusive as that other car.

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#25 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

tell me more about the new LCAs for x7/MKII. going to need to future times...but then have to mod mine again for the lower perch :/
i dont fully agree that celicasupra.com is great for info. the general user there is equally as fucking stupid as a x7 forum. theres a few neat builds on there but for the most part its a dead forum with the occasional useful item.  theres literally a handful of guys who do any kind of actual racing with their cars, couple autox guys but i dont consider that racing in any regard. fluffers.

#26 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2881 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:51 AM

AutoX is more than anything I've seen anyone do with an x7.  I was more judging by the topics discussed in the Celica Supra facebook group.  It seems to be more content then just KYS, JZ MASTER RACE.   

Don L post's some pretty interesting stuff he does.  I also don't frequent the CS forums I just go there to search for info I remember seeing years ago haha, so you are probably right it's probably no better.  But again I would just say the average mk2 owner is probably more seriously than the average x7 owner whos answer to everything is swap s13 suspension in.  But I guess they aren't wrong as the only 1 or 2 (debatably 2nd) competitive drifting x7s are both on s chassis suspension the main one is s13 up front with wisefab and s14 subframe out back, with a foot or so of extra track and the other in the NZ league (I think) is s13 rear.

I sent you the arms on facebook.  He missed a chance to do adjustable camber in the arms as well.  But in the comments he does mention it messes up the shock angle, which totally makes sense because even with just the subframe side camber adjusters I have to fight to get the shocks to slide on. 

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#27 JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa

I ♥ 1.5JZ + Holset

• Administrators
  • 1845 posts
  • Interests:I'm old, have kids, and my Cressida only comes out to play every couple years.