• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Lofty

Lofty

MOTOBYTE.NET

• real members
  • 2163 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

I always wondered. Thanks for finally figuring them out. 

Edit: Obligatory Fuck S9

post-cressida jzxp is a fitting limbo for us to exist in. hell is a choose-your-own-adventure story and there are no "good"endings.

#82 fapl0rd

fapl0rd

I♥5M

• real members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

Great find Brian

#83 brian

brian

I♥1J

• Root Admin
  • 4393 posts
  • Powered By:1JZGTE, Big Balls V8, Caffeine, 5VZ-FE

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

Edit: Obligatory Fuck S9

Yeah pretty much.  I wanted to order some subframe spacers for my JZX81 and started to see what was still out there and then immediately remembered how I hate them.  S9 has their aluminum set for $350... then I looked up the old thread when he first released them and the group buy price was $200.  I understand it was a group buy, for JZXP members, first run, etc, etc, but a 75% price increase in 9 years is steep IMHO.  I don't run a part manufacturing business so what do I know, but as a consumer it just seems like they're just charging $350 because they can.  Also, their Aristos aren't going to ship themselves to Tokyo Auto Salon now are they? 

Xcessive still sells theirs for the same price they did 7 years ago at $145. I am sure aluminum will still feel slightly more solid than the "hard poly", but it's not worth a $205 premium.  

"Don't bother messaging me if you ugly, cocky, trashy or not in the age range of 31-39" -andreakm26

#84 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7418 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

I was originally running hard poly meant for a MkIII Supra (had to do a lot of machine work to get them to fit - pre-XM days),

and the difference was like getting rid of a '58 Olds, and going with a track car.

I am doubting that my S9s will feel any different than the poly set I foolishly sold off.

Anyone want to buy my S9s?

I'll pull them out just for you....

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#85 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 7035 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

I'll pull them out just for you....

happy valentines day

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#86 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:46 PM

Aren't they paying some shop to make their parts? and then want money on top of that?

I have the XM bushings for probably 4 years now... they're just as noisy as aluminum bushings... If you're gonna not going big single and all the other stupid shit... just do coilovers and brace the diff, nothing else..

#87 brian

brian

I♥1J

• Root Admin
  • 4393 posts
  • Powered By:1JZGTE, Big Balls V8, Caffeine, 5VZ-FE

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

^ i dont agree with that. even with a stock 1jz when i installed the rear subframe bushings in my 89 it made a HUGE difference in how the car handled. it was almost as big of a change as coilovers.
"Don't bother messaging me if you ugly, cocky, trashy or not in the age range of 31-39" -andreakm26

#88 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

^ i dont agree with that.

#offended

#89 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7418 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:39 PM

i installed the rear subframe bushings in my 89 it made a HUGE difference in how the car handled. it was almost as big of a change as coilovers.

Maybe his ass is numb, and can't feel the boat moving around under it.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#90 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

they outsource to 1 or 2 local companies, they do in house welding and assembly. i dont remember there being a manual lathe or anything in the shop last i was there, but my brain could have forgot. 

it originally started out with buddies doing him favours and small runs so the cost was small, but in weird bursts, which is what caused a lot of the initial problems.  they have a pretty good system now and stock nearly everything as far as i know.

as for the prices...iunno...there are comparable products that vary in price, sometimes its just cheaper to buy direct from 326 for example. but, at the end of the day, people will buy things or they wont.  as for TAS and other shows like that, theres some good support in japan for their stuff.

as for solid subframe stuff, i have solid subframe bushings in the Supra and it made a massive difference to the handling.  i dont mind the noise, as most everything i drive makes a bunch of noises as it is.

i kept thinking the fogs were MR2 (sw20)  but this is awesome news.  

#91 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7418 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

i dont mind the noise, as most everything i drive makes a bunch of noises as it is.

Same here, but my ears are so shot these days, it doesn't matter.

The more noise, the less ringing in my ears, and the less I can hear the voices saying "Rape, pillage, rape some more".

That last part was a joke........

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:

#92 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

i think the car has a little bit of a whine now, like a dog box or a bad diff bearing or soemthing like that. i barely notice it and i just imagine the car has a better heart than what it has. just talk back to the voices like i do, you'll never be alone again

#93 Tbone

Tbone

Stubborn Cunt

• real members
  • 2555 posts
  • Interests:Beers,old car japanese junk,bad bitches,bacon,beaches,boats,bud,fast cars,4x4's,Dirt road shenanigans,aerospace, dirt bikes, deep dish wheels,and guns.

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

This thread is hilarious when read from beginning to end.

Signed

Serialfuckingnine fanboi for life.

take off the oil cap, then shit into the valvetrain. if you are like most 7m owners, the semen content will act as a sealant and prevent your hg from blowing for the next 100 miles or so. repeat as necessary.

#94 Lofty

Lofty

MOTOBYTE.NET

• real members
  • 2163 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

I put my Xcessive bushings in 5 years ago and theyve held up to 0 miles since I haven't driven the car. I can say they are superior. 

post-cressida jzxp is a fitting limbo for us to exist in. hell is a choose-your-own-adventure story and there are no "good"endings.

#95 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7418 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

That's like me saying my 7M hasn't blown up in over 7 years........

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:

#96 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:19 PM

welp, its true

#97 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2905 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

^ i dont agree with that. 

I agree.  It's usually the first part I swap out in the rear end. (other than diffs every other weekend ha ha ha x7 joke)

Running s9 bushings in 1 car and XM in the other car.  I still prefer the car with S9 bushings, but then again there are still too many things different about them ha.

I also Agree that the noise is what ever car makes too many other noises to distract me anyways.  I want to support them but like you said it's hard when the parts are several hundred more than XM.  That being said I've been burned a few too many times with XM in the past year or 2 and they are now a last resort. 

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#98 Mo

Mo

I ♥ UZ + JZ

• OG
  • 4372 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach, I'm looking for that special someone with double d breastesis, a big badonkadonk and is as dumb as a door knob. Oh, wait, this isn't a dating site?

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

I haven't been burned by XM. I'm going to put in another order here shortly.

Fuck you all

#99 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:22 AM

You should be fine if you are not in any hurry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users