• Please log in to reply
693 replies to this topic

#681 Rue

Rue

I♥1J

• real members
  • 957 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

I vote S13 rear with NA Z32 rear brake swap... has drum parking brakes that probably aren't plug and play but a start none the less... 

I'd imagine S13 rear subframe out of the wrecking yard would be easy and affordable

#682 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 697 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

issue with the ebrake setup on the s13 is using the full knuckle as its integrated. i personally have this setup in my s13 and its amazing, but man i got lucky with the knuckle being complete.  youd need the z32 and s13 knuckle and see how they get together. mine i think is s13 with z32 pieces bolted on. theres a weird nut that holds the whole back plate together with the lines and bits. the rears are the same on all z32s. the calipers in the front changed 3 times.  the ebrake lengths are different from 2+2 and 2 seater. and i forget what i have as well. its a bit of a mess to make it all work and get all the parts.

also, i dont believe the faces of the wheels will clear the z32 brakes on s13 stuff due to how far the caliper sticks out

#683 Rue

Rue

I♥1J

• real members
  • 957 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

Offset of stock Z32 16" rear wheels? Think about it more... and not using Z32 or S13 parking brake cables... shit in Nissan world goes together like Legos... I've put a couple together myself. Don't know what your talking about other than just talking...

***Edit... google came up with original rear Z32 setup being 16X8.5 +35... search Noob!

People talk about the Z32 knuckle being an upgrade because it's aluminum but it creates other problems that must be addressed... stick with the S13 knuckles... KISS... Keep It Simple Stupid... it's been done a million times... nothing new

#684 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

It's not all about size and offset, it has to do with the wheel face and how its spokes are concave, flat or convex. z32 wheels are quite convex and have a good arch to them to clear, obviously. Equips faces are typically quite flat and depending on what disc, depends on if they will clear the caliper protruding out.

I used s13 knuckle with z32 plate. The problem isn't how they bolt together, its getting all the pieces to lego them correctly. Buying from a wrecker or a part out, you just need to know what to look for and make sure it's all there. Z32 rear brakes hooking up to the s13 ebrake is a matter of specific parts and then making a plate to connect the back half of the cables to the chassis and securing them someone to the subframe.

I'm 100% keeping it simple, I'm telling him how many actual parts need to be sourced to make it work. Plenty of s13s out there that didn't bother with the ebrake portion and just did a hydro. I did the cable route.  Its not hard, its just a pain in the ass when you dont know what to look for.  I got lucky and bought an entire brake setup from a guy who had already connected the z32 plate to the s13 knuckle. all ebrake shoes and clips and tabs were there.

I think you need to learn more about how many types of wheels there are and how the discs work as well as how those discs often change because the whole face of the wheel changes. like how a BBK face works vs a Low disc (big barrel).

Example, a mesh wheel, very flat face, no matter the size and offset, they will not clear brake calipers that stick out beyond the hat. Many Nissan's have recessed hats and the calipers stick out past the hat. Creates a shorter track, and u can get wider wheels, in theory with a lower offset. Cressida's have a very far out hat and the caliper is waaaay back, so you can fit all kinds of flat faced wheels and not worry about caliper clearance. I thought this would be common knowledge by now.  If you've been tinkering with toyotas your whole life I can see why you wouldnt understand this

#685 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2730 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

I appreciate all the tips and suggestions seriously!  Thanks for the link to that dudes thread as well.  

I'm super gay and would prefer if the OEM ebrake worked even if that required a custom cable or something, couldn't be that hard. Also 5lug is a must, I have still have to do a bunch of reading to see what parts would be needed to convert that over too if s13 route.  I'm know literally nothing about nissans.

I think I'm gonna one of each if possible and set them next to each other and compare and shit.

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#686 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

I should have a X frame once I go pick it up and I have my s13 frame also waiting for mods and can do the same. They're both bare frames though with no arms or axles etc so width issue wouldn't be able to be addressed

#687 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 6846 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

Almost completely off the subject, and not intended as a redirect, but....

The Z33 rear upright (not sure where the 'knuckle' name come from) is also aluminum, and appears to have close to the same hook up points as the X8.

What I wouldn't give to have aluminum uprights on the back of my car.

Edit: This brain fart just moved my first drive date out about another 3 years  :(

Prefixes for 'Gordo'

口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

#688 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Almost completely off the subject, and not intended as a redirect, but....

The Z33 rear upright (not sure where the 'knuckle' name come from) is also aluminum, and appears to have close to the same hook up points as the X8.
What I wouldn't give to have aluminum uprights on the back of my car.

Edit: This brain fart just moved my first drive date out about another 3 years  :(

Why not setup the car and use it then re engineer the wheel?

#689 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 6846 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

Call me Slammie........

But I am really not considering this.

Just fucking with all of you, especially Rue, who is constantly giving me shit on my 7-year plan (or is that now 8?).

Prefixes for 'Gordo'

口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

#690 Rue

Rue

I♥1J

• real members
  • 957 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

Nice 5 paragraphs of useless info... like most that you put up... master of the obvious with "spoke design also needs to be considered"

No shit... "Somebody else figured out my Legos for me"

Fucking faggot

And Gordo...

Who are you kidding... you're going to die and Alex is going to send your shell to Pick-N-Pull

We're going to drive down and scoop all of your suspension shit out of the wrecking yard at a steal

#691 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 6846 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

I've put in my will that the car, with all the 7M shit will get donated to Goodwill.

So you can get it cheaper yet :)

Prefixes for 'Gordo'

口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

#692 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

** angry fit about how to lego and then talking about lego

lol,ok.

#693 Rue

Rue

I♥1J

• real members
  • 957 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 PM

I sware the day I snap an axle I'm selling out and buying a jzx8!

#694 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2730 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 PM

Idk who said that but that guy is dead to me.

Just got back from Turkey. The hunt for the subframe resumes

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users