Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#501 Okidriftjr

Okidriftjr

Team Diplomats NO3

• real members
  • 961 posts
  • Interests:Why the hell do you think I am here?
  • Powered By:1JZGTE

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

Oh, and replace the syncros while its apart. You will thank me later.

I keep comming back to toyotas. Guess it's where I belong!

You don't know what JDM is unless you lived there!

Car by panic

Parts by XM

Aero by Lucas

Single handedly keeping the UN alive.

#502 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I♥1J

• real members
  • 377 posts
  • Powered By:7MGE, Dicks

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

Why would you pay Marlin Crawler to build your trans when you can do it in your garage with a press and some snapring pliers?

I paid $600 for my R154. Drove 25k miles out of it. Rebuild is $800. And the trans doesnt fit like shit, I dont have to construct a new trans tunnel, in theory will be plenty strong enough to hold my planned 400-450whp and I dont have to use a conversion by shitty Collins to make it work. I mean $1400 for a built R in my case is a way better setup than making a CD009 fit.
I can see your point if you literally cant get a deal on an R and you cant operate a shop press enough to build the trans yourself, then yah an R154 can be pricey.

Plus with the twin disk Im deeply invested in the R. If I were to go 6-speed, eventually it will be T56 magnum. CD009 is overhyped hot garbage and is very noisy/sloppy.

#503 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I♥1J

• real members
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:59 PM

Chris, Im doing the full marlin crawler/Driftmotion thing, synchros, billet forks, thrust washer, bearings, seals, springs, and whatever else. I already cheaped out once and it bit me. Not planning to drop the trans for a long time

#504 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 923 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:01 PM

the cdx trans is an overhyped hoopty. if u can find it for a few hundred bucks, sick...but the conversion gear and misc fuckery to make them fit, a MASSIVE box, the r box is a better option imo. the issue with them is the stupid price they are ( you can even buy them new for cheaper in most cases) which is the equivalent to most of the cost of a used dumpy one. honestly, the trans options for most cars is becoming ridiculous.w's are in the 6 range and r's are in the 8-1k range. cdx low numbers are under or around 5 and the 9's if confirmed are close to 1k. im used to looking at jz motors and being like, hella ya those motors are cheap..wait...thats US and then shipping... so i lose nearly 1k in conversion of money and then an easy 500 to ship...fml...fuck my dollar conversion. not like this is oz where you make 30/hr to start and seem to roll in money where you throw money and not debt (if in USA) at problems.

i hate everything. being canadian and living in canada has massive drawbacks if wanting anything not locally...and locally its also stupid expensive. i hate everything

this sucks for you to have happen, especially with all the work. but that small gamble will yield theoretically the best results by having a car that should always work from here on out

#505 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I♥1J

• real members
  • 377 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:40 AM

I totally agree.

To be fair $30 AUD is equivalent to $21 USD, so still not extravagant pay, but decent for a someone with no kids and possibly a spouse to split the bills with.

Yeah I was kinda bummed it happened and doing the work was dreadful, but on a positive note, I wasnt stranded and I didnt break it while I was far away from home. Yes Im hoping that by doing this rebuild and adding stronger parts I will have a reliable setup at a decent power level.

#506 BoristheCat

BoristheCat

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

Got my CD for a whopping 300 bucks, I think that's why I'm so into it haha

V0ETrsum.png       

#507 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 923 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:26 PM

Got my CD for a whopping 300 bucks, I think that's why I'm so into it haha

how much for all the conversion bits though?

#508 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 923 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

I totally agree.

To be fair $30 AUD is equivalent to $21 USD, so still not extravagant pay, but decent for a someone with no kids and possibly a spouse to split the bills with.

Yeah I was kinda bummed it happened and doing the work was dreadful, but on a positive note, I wasnt stranded and I didnt break it while I was far away from home. Yes Im hoping that by doing this rebuild and adding stronger parts I will have a reliable setup at a decent power level.

their living wage is the same as here, so theyre on average making 10/hr more with similar costs of living. their housing market is as varied as the entire usa with super high price for minimal space in the hot spots of living and then in the desert side, its similar to wisconson i would imagine. its not that they earn the equivilant of 20 bucks usa, its thats how far our dollars go.

#509 BoristheCat

BoristheCat

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

Not gonna disagree about the CD being a massive pain in the ass to fit. Just be aware that the T56 is giant too. Probably a bitch to fit that as well, as I recall gordo saying. I spent like 1k for all the conversion crap between the adapter plate and shifter relocation kit. Any way you slice it, it's not cheap whatever trans you go with

V0ETrsum.png       

#510 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7450 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted Yesterday, 05:20 AM

Thankfully, I can make my own conversion kit parts, and/or make something fit that was made for 'merican nazcrap, but I still have a pretty large price tag in my trans swap.

Playing with cars is not for the faint of heart, or limited budgets.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#511 RickyFromThePark

RickyFromThePark

I♥1J

• real members
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Big tits and small nipples