12 replies to this topic

#1 wesleyx62

wesleyx62

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 76 posts
  • Powered By:5ME

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:04 AM

Just trying to see if theirs any real differences across the generations of Cressida's. I am aware that x6 lca's bolt up in x3's but i specifically am looking to see if x8's or x7's are interchangeable with the x6/x3 lca's. looking into buying x8 XM lcas, rca's and tension rods for my x32.

#2 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2728 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

x6 are the longest why not just use dem?

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#3 wesleyx62

wesleyx62

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

longer then xcessive?

#4 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2728 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

Xcessive is roughly stock length with 2 inches of extra adjustability?

I have XM x8 arms on my x7.  I can tell you that to if you are going to run stock x8 arms on anything other than an x8 you will need to drill out your crossmember to accommodate the larger bolt diameter (unless you swap to x8 subframe).   But if you are running XM shits you can ask them (and hope they don't mess up the order) for the smaller diameter inserts for the inner hiem.
But stock for stock I always though x6 was the longest out of the generation.  but personally haven't messed with x6 or x3s ever so take what ever I said with a grain of salt?

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#5 ROBAPHENT

ROBAPHENT

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

[img]http://toycrazy.net/tech/pics/susp-arms-6.jpgp/img]

S13 will work as well with new bush and other items some you need to drill out a castor rod hole but other then that and bush swaps there not hard or like said drilling out cross member 

CISCOKIDS
The Gentlemen's Club
Midnight Rocker

#6 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

the tapers are different as well between x7 and x8 so you need that knuckle...and thusly strut..then again, x8 and s13 arent the same and people are just yolo'ing that too so, pretty much do whatever....or you can cut your arms and lengthen them. takes an afternoon.

x7 are pretty short if theyre the same as ma61 supra...x8 is quite a bit longer than the supras, if it wasnt for the tapers, id have used my stock x8 LCAs on my supra

#7 wesleyx62

wesleyx62

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

sounds like ill run x6 lca's for now and put in a order for xm x8 lcas with smaller diameter joints. fortunately i have the evolved knuckles from T3 so balljoint differences dont matter as they have the larger or smaller sizes. my next question is can i use x7 tension rods from XM on a x6 lca? my car got hit the other day and im trying to upgrade the front suspension components rather then replacing them with stock shit. my tension rod got pushed back a good inch and my lca did as well. i got the frame pulled back out but the tension rod is done for. so time for new ones and might as well correct my caster to +6 or so while im here. 

#8 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 6761 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:29 AM

tension rods are threaded rods w bolts on one side to mount to your lca. maybe measure the not pushed in side and ask rich for the x7 measurements if theyre not posted to confirm for yourself?

the xm lcas take the tension rods specific to that setup and the adjustability is probably enough to account for any shittiness in your chassis.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#9 wesleyx62

wesleyx62

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 76 posts