Photo

No accessory/switched power. Replaced ign switch. Still nothing.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nigel_Vertigo

Nigel_Vertigo

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 226 posts
  • Powered By:Alcohol

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

73CGDfs.jpg

Alrighty, so back in May or so, I relocated the battery to the trunk and when I was finishing up (had been awake 24+ hours) I grabbed the battery from my daily and accidentally connected it backwards. It blew a few fuses but everything was back to normal afterwards for a while (I rarely connect power to the car). A while later, I hooked up my engine harness and wanted to see if it would turn over. All power was working, turned the key - nothing. Disconnected/reconnected battery, tried again and I lost all switched power. Everything else works fine - power seats, courtesy lights, headlights. Headlights are past the 100A fusible link, so it's not that, and all the links and fuses look fine anyway. Figured it has to be the ignition switch. I had heard that connecting the battery backwards can break them, so maybe it was most of the way gone already. Replaced that today, finally, and I still have no switched power. No fucking idea what to check next. I've poured over the wiring diagrams in my FSM and everything from the battery to the ignition switch is fine.

For the record, it's a 1989 MX83. 2JZ-GE w/ Aristo ECU, if that matters.

#2 Nigel_Vertigo

Nigel_Vertigo

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 226 posts