1JZ VVT-I Engine managment

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Austin

Austin

Avernier

• real members
  • 2866 posts
  • Interests:cars. my dog. my cat. straightedge.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Probably. I hate megasquirt. Theres another dude i know that bought one of their pre built plug and play boxes and had to go over all of their solder joints because they were shitty.

1986 KA-T AE86 Corolla coupe: For sale for ever maybe?
1977 Datsun 280Z: 1.5jz aem v2 and holset.

Cressida's are for bandwagoners, real drifters drive pignose s13's with rb20's and xxr's.

RIVALHOUSEGARAGE.COM

#22 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7342 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

That's what happens when you employ the neighborhood kids to solder shit together, and pay them with an ice cream cone.

They are the ones who in a few years buy 240SX shit boxes.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#23 1j240z

1j240z

I♥5M

• real members
  • 26 posts
  • Powered By:1.5JZ

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

well hopfully they do a better job on my solder points.  I get back from my deployment in about 2 months and need t put the motor back together.  So tops maybe 3 months till its running.

73 240z- Stroked/bored L31, built head, stage 3 cam, triple webbers, 5 speed KA swap.  (1JZ VVT-I being built to go in the car now!)

#24 gameface

gameface

I♥1J

• real members
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Tattooed bitches & bitches with red hair, VVTI 1JZs, loud noises, money making, killah priest, slick rick the ruler, nicki minaj, booty, spiced rum, weed smoking
  • Powered By:7MBHG, Alcohol, Dicks

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Well the megasquirt 3 pro is manufactured rather than being a hand built deal.... so there isn't really much to worry about.

The other versions you are basically wasting money buying prebuilt because its pretty damn easy to do yourself.

#25 Austin

Austin

Avernier

• real members
  • 2866 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

all im saying is kevin bought an aem on ebay bnib for 395$. why the fuck would you buy something like megasquirt when there are standalones like that available all the time for the same or marginally more.

Cressida's are for bandwagoners, real drifters drive pignose s13's with rb20's and xxr's.

RIVALHOUSEGARAGE.COM

#26 1j240z

1j240z

I♥5M

• real members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Well I will be a guinea pig when it comes to MS3-Pro.  Not to mention everyone has their preference, Im happy as long as it manages the motor!  Also last I heard MS has a tablet app so I can have a heads up display or even adjust my tune on the go.

73 240z- Stroked/bored L31, built head, stage 3 cam, triple webbers, 5 speed KA swap.  (1JZ VVT-I being built to go in the car now!)

#27 Austin

Austin

Avernier

• real members
  • 2866 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

nah,  either jimmy hoffa or foompla is running ms3, says it's working

RIVALHOUSEGARAGE.COM

#28 joooeone1

joooeone1

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:X chasis turbo 4 door sports car pink tacos
  • Powered By:1JZGTE

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

i using one to not a presolder one i did that part myself and a friend i like it its preatty cool but i do rather have the ms3 pro

www.facebook.com/joesaerokits

joesaerosticker2_zps7a26c77a.png

#29 bippu

bippu

I♥2JZ VVTi

• real members
  • 601 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

I messaged you back Gordo.

HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner / Factory Trained AEM EMS and Infinity Tuner / Haltech Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

#30 JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa

I ♥ 1.5JZ + Holset

• Administrators
  • 1836 posts
  • Interests:I'm old, have kids, and my Cressida only comes out to play every couple years.

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'm running an MS3X and my car runs better than stock. If you have a half-decent understanding of electronics, can read a wiring diagram, can solder, and can read, you can build, wire and get one running. The reason they have a bad rap is that people do shoddy jobs of building their MS or wiring their cars, then they take them to a tuner and bitch and moan when things don't work and the tuner spends all their dyno time chasing gremlins.

The MS3 Pro is the same circuitry as an MS3x but all surface mount and fully potted instead of a bare PCB and a bag of solder yourself components. Be sure to buy the full version of the TunerStudio MS and megalog viewer software. They're worth every penny. Especially their autotune features. My fuel map started out as a really rough basemap, and with nothing but a lot of hours of driving around with autotune on, a bit of cranking/warmup enrichment tweaking, and a bit of IAT correction between cold and hot weather it's really solid now.

"JZXP - we get death threats" -Rayray
-1987 AE86 Corolla with 20 valve swap SOLD
-1985 MX73 Cressida 1.5JZ Holset HX35 & MS3X
Toysport and 935 Motorsports suck. Don't buy from either.

#31 1j240z

1j240z

I♥5M

• real members
  • 26 posts