4 replies to this topic

#1 tougekid1

tougekid1

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:mine

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

I have been having an issue with finding the root cause to a couple of part throttle issues.

The car is a 1jz vvti with stock turbo at 13psi, Ace Up elbow, full 3" exhaust, FMIC, 80mm TB, tuned with Blitz EBC and PFC.

Sometimes if I'm in a lower RPM (say around 2400-2800) and give it part throttle the boost will fluctuate 4-5psi till I floor it. Then it goes straight to 13-14psi and holds.

Other times, again in lower RPMs and I floor it the boost gauge says its at 13-14psi, but the car falls on it face for a second then takes off. Almost like its filling up space before accepting the flow of air..if that makes since..

I have checked for leaks in the couplers and the vacuum is good.

Next idea is the waste gate actuator might be bad?? Fuck if I know. At this point I'm grasping at anything.

Anyone have any ideas as to why or what I have over looked??

#2 aphxero

aphxero

I♥2J

• OG
  • 4867 posts
  • Interests:drift, toyota

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:00 PM

it sounds like the FB setting on the boost controller might not be right. or shitty actuator.

#3 Radial

Radial

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

I had Blitz EBC in the past, and it was all just shit.

Spool was shit, actually worse than stock. Did not allow me boost above 0,9bars (about 10-11psi), and it had 5000 menu options that was so totally useless. (Example - Scramble boost,wtf is that?)

5 cents in your Blitz being the same shit as mine was.

Bought the TurboXS bleed valve - Even more shit, overboosted as hell with the stock "spring" that keeps the bleed closed untill 0,5bars or so. Had to remove the spring, and then it was veeeery slowly building boost again.

Eventually bought an HDi Type D-SE from ebay after reading alot about it, and I have never looked back. Works like a charm, and is so simple anyone can use it. I think it was about 150$ incl shipping.

#4 zokustyle

zokustyle

Palatial Regalia

• real members
  • 1264 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:04 AM

Which ace up elbow do you have? The external dump ones are bad.

#5 tougekid1

tougekid1

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:mine

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

Internal dump on the Ace Up. Not enough power to have open gate. LOL.

Yea the Blitz EBC I have, I have had for around 5+ years.. probably on its last leg. Might check into the HDi your talking about. For that cheap its worth just to see.

Come to think about it, similar problems on my last car. Just not as bad.

Thanks.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users