Photo

what happened to my order?!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Lofty_*

Guest_Lofty_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

So.... Megans then, not bad from what I'm reading?

Look, I'm looking into ordering coilovers, I can drift my shit on single tire fire with a 7m, I just want shit I order to get here swiftly for my 2j build now.
Stephen, are you referring to cutting the strut tubing lower to attain more herrfrushness? That's what I think you are getting at.
How many of you have no problems with megans?

#42 Austin

Austin

Avernier

• real members
  • 2866 posts
  • Interests:cars. my dog. my cat. straightedge.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

megan's still have shit valving. bc's are a smidge better, 999$ shipped to your door. thats what kyle, androy run. i've run them on previous cars, they're on par with my apex, but not as good as my kei office, way fucking better than my hks.

1986 KA-T AE86 Corolla coupe: For sale for ever maybe?
1977 Datsun 280Z: 1.5jz aem v2 and holset.

Cressida's are for bandwagoners, real drifters drive pignose s13's with rb20's and xxr's.

RIVALHOUSEGARAGE.COM

#43 Guest_Lofty_*

Guest_Lofty_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Not bad, guess I'm going BC.

Continue on with the rest of this shitstorm.

#44 Stephen

Stephen

GOT MILF?

• 1226 posts
  • Interests:Tire Smoke and Boobs

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

if you want to track your car, megans are baaad. the springrates and the valving just aren't there. they're decent for daily driving and just enjoying the car, but overall 14/10 BCs will work out better if you want to track the car.

X is love, X is life.

#45 Guest_RoyRogers_*

Guest_RoyRogers_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

werd... this man is a truth speaker

#46 Guest_mc73_*

Guest_mc73_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

Was definitely about to place a big order here... Will hold off a few days and see how this plays out. Fingers crossed!

#47 white_raven

white_raven

JZsus

• real members
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:Science

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

^lol what will waiting a few more days do?

#48 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2781 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

Frenkienstien here, x8 BCs up front x7 megans out back, I dig it, but then again my opinion is void because I drive an x7
Lawl

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#49 Guest_Tbone_*

Guest_Tbone_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

I have megan street garbage coil overs.
Should have spent the money on the s9/stance shit because I know they are probably stiffer.BC didn't exist back when I jumped the cress bandwagon.Megan are 2 soft,but are pretty nice for just daily driving. Three years no problems,they cost fuck all.

I remember when there was fuck all for options when it came to the cressida platform.Be thankful you have options.Gerard/s9 crew pioneered a lot of cool shit for the x chassis.Dealing locally with s9 I have never had a an issue.I truly hope your issues get resolved.Some times you roll the dice and get fucked.Shit happens

#50 Mo

Mo

I ♥ UZ + JZ

• OG
  • 4315 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach, I'm looking for that special someone with double d breastesis, a big badonkadonk and is as dumb as a door knob. Oh, wait, this isn't a dating site?

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

You do know you could change your spring rates, right?

E1D8F7D3-8A0E-4209-84A9-983F580C5798_zps

#51 Guest_Tbone_*

Guest_Tbone_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

^^Yes I know this^^

#52 Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

I♥1J

• real members
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I was the one that got BC to stock these in the US because I noticed they had them for sale overseas for JZX81. One simple e-mail and a 60% sponsorship later they were available. And I was able to get Mitch the same deal. I told them the spring rates and dampening were shit and they do FREE spring rate/dampening adjustment for you, so they did the 14/10 combo from my request. Mitch ordered his the week of SEMA and the guy had them shipped to us in 3 fucking days from a phone call in his Vegas hotel room.

This was all stemmed from us trying to get Mitch coilovers from G that fell through. Since G was gonna be a bit out on getting him a set, I took matters into my own hands and made shit happen. Now, plenty of happy BC customers are driving around low enough to be happy. If you want lower, I've already been in talks with BC about using different struts that are valved correctly so no modification would be needed. They just told me to gauge the interest and let them know. I honestly think they go plenty low enough, and if you want more than mod them.

I also kick started the XM parts for our cars out of necessity. I didn't want to pay $200 for X90 mount brackets off of ebay and called rich to see if he could make me some. 2 hours later Mitch stopped by to say hi and Rich told him to start hoisting up his engine, and well you all know the rest of the story there. I'm proud of what it has turned into and stand behind Rich 100%, but I am also open to other companies that make and deliver a great product. I was in talks with Alex Pfeiffer about rear-arms over 2 years ago, but let it go because both S9 and XM were planning to launch stuff. We all just want parts, not hopes and dreams.

G is probably super rad and I like his ambition and strive to grow this community, but at the same time business is business and this car is fucking stupid. I just really don't like when someone has to put another product down to show that their shit is better, instead of trying to improve design and network with everyone to make shit awesome. I think G should narrow his scope and work with his strong points. I would love a bunch of rad kits, lips, wings, and maybe some fiberglass fenders. If he focused on that I think it would take some stress off of everything else because out-sourcing is never going to be able to compete with Rich's in-house production capabilities. Work with your peers, don't turn them into enemies. I hate the fact that I saw G at FD Seattle, standing by himself eating popcorn, and I felt if I said hi it would be weird or I would be ignored. We put countless hours into the same fucking cars, we should have plenty to talk about and there should be no animosity. Now I'm not saying that is how it would have went down but I am a big part of his competition.

I'm done rambling, I've got shit to do on my 929 and a few harnesses/cars to finish but I wanted to voice my opinion/influence on these matters.

#53 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 6841 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

post updates on your 929 fag.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#54 bwcress

bwcress

I♥2J

• real members
  • 1187 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Word got my bc for 900 shipped with the 14/10 rates and they are still holding strong.after two years of ny pot holes and salt... but i would deff be in for some oem like lip and deff some zg style flares for dudes that dont want a kit but still want redonculous wheels on a stock body Xchasis

#55 bwcress

bwcress

I♥2J

• real members
  • 1187 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Posted Image if anyone that matters sees this and can make these flares happen i will buy 2 sets just to get this going

#56 Guest_Tbone_*

Guest_Tbone_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

^^That is so fucking sweet^^
I as well would buy a set of these flares.

#57 Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

I♥1J

• real members
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

You don't want to touch me, you don't know where i've been.

#58 bwcress

bwcress

I♥2J

• real members
  • 1187 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Still waiting on you to put up or shut the fuck up jacob.... just sayin

#59 axis888x

axis888x

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:all day i dream about cars...

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

coilovers just got here yesterday. no weld on tube though...wtf?

EDIT: those flares look pretty dope on that x8! might have to do something like that later once my jz is running and not in peaces in my garage.

#60 Layzorbeemz

Layzorbeemz

I♥1J

• real members
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

I have a pair of S9 strut tubes :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users