• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#41 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 863 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

the situation i have "works" and i dont think i get much for fumes, not like previously when the tunnel was wide open. i only have a weekend of driving it so not an everyday sort of thing.

the s13 has the shifter boot to the trans, then a thin plastic, then another condom, then a metal plate to sandwich the bunch together, then the shift boot, its always worked well, just a lot of layers, which is what i was trying to do for mine

#42 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 6995 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

mkiii shift stuff has those layers too.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#43 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 863 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:57 PM

havent touched the cressida in a while, been working slowly on the supra. made some 20mm longer LCAs, and short knuckles, found the oem tie rods at max length have about 5 threads of engagement so ive got to look at a replacement for that. currently the rear is in the air, going to drop everything down and head over to bcworks and get some diff and subframe bushings made, then moidfy my rear LCAs some more, paint those, finish and clean and seal the towers now that i know this rediculous situation 'works' also added some needle bearings to the front of the supra and will be to the cressida for the constant stance problem of spring bind. the bearings are in good shape and i keep them clean on the supra, and oddly enough they only add one spring shim per coilover instead of two, i think it would help a little bit with the bind they have, oddly enough stance now offers these same needle bearings as an add on, or might be standard equipment by now. 

also added an oil filter relocate and oil cooler to the supra

tumblr_o93lur9lxb1rdmxnzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9o3loVO731rdmxnzo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9o3loVO731rdmxnzo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9o3loVO731rdmxnzo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9o3loVO731rdmxnzo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9o3loVO731rdmxnzo1_1280.jpg

#44 Tbone

Tbone

Stubborn Cunt

• real members
  • 2536 posts
  • Interests:Beers,old car japanese junk,bad bitches,bacon,beaches,boats,bud,fast cars,4x4's,Dirt road shenanigans,aerospace, dirt bikes, deep dish wheels,and guns.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

Is that a porsche 968 or an fc35? in the back corner of your compound?

Regardless I'm loving the progress on the supra.

Fuck me you have an old kawasaki zx7 ninja to? Fuck me man that's sweet.

Your lucky to have s13 coupe.They are hard to find locally.

Im jelly.

take off the oil cap, then shit into the valvetrain. if you are like most 7m owners, the semen content will act as a sealant and prevent your hg from blowing for the next 100 miles or so. repeat as necessary.

#45 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 863 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:58 PM

That's a friend of mines FC, surprised you could tell, everything is hidden lol. The s13 I've had it for 10? Years. Civic is a lot of fun, I started a grip racingthing here locally called grippy feet, lots of fun to do that stuff with the civic. The zxr needs the forks rebuilt. Two mechanics have nailed on me, waiting for a third to finish a buddies bike then mine can go in the I can drive it. Bury yourself with projects and never really be happy

#46 Nigel_Vertigo

Nigel_Vertigo

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 256 posts
  • Powered By:Alcohol

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:32 AM

Happiness isn't real.

#47 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 863 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:02 PM

was reading the moog catalog yesterday, found longer tie rods, turned out to be the long tie rods from the asymmetrical MKIII. go figure, fuck ya off the shelf parts

#48 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 863 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

not sure if you guys are interested in the Supra or not? as its neither JZ nor X chassis, but this has been what ive been working on the last few weeks.  After this is put back together i got a couple things i want to do on the cressida, then drive it to Bills to get tuned, then do more suspension stuff and put in my kaaz diff, put shorter LCAs in, raise it a tad in the front, might happen naturally when i shorten the LCAs, 40mm is too much . i can only run a 9 +30 and the wheel sits perfect...i need lower :(

anyways

dropped the subframe last weekend and knocked out the bushings in the subframes...came out in 20seconds each lol. bless the air hammer. dismantled the whole thing. every single piece popped right off, no hiccups, a first for me. very stunned.
dropped the frames off at bcworks to get some aluminum solid bushings made, should raise the frame a 1/4inch or so.

then i took apart the LCAs, added some welds to the drop bars on the LCAs bcworks made, we did this on the car..painted them and cut the tops out of the spring perch to make a halo, minor weight savings but still retains the 'strength' of the connecting the half moon. also took off the bracket that would puncture the body on repeat. cut slits into the brake line holders so i can take them off without taking the whole line off and still keep the line away from the wheel.

i tend to buy paint and play with colours quite a bit, and had this east coast grey in the cabinet, had green and blue pearl in it, so i primed the LCAs, then shot that east coast grey, then shot painthuffer's blue tang metal flake on top, turned out really neat and really pops in the sun and also in low light. all the fun things. cleaned up the shoes as well, and WOW, theres next to no shoe left and my goodness, the ebrake is amazing on such little material, im just blown away. checked out the pads and looks like one side is wear more than the other so ill have to check and see if the brakes are working alright.

also made some try again plates for the exhaust as i wore through, funny enough, only one spot. most of the exhaust is flattened into an oval..ill be redoing it when i go SR eventually. painted that too for fun

RjaMnUQ.jpg

Ge35DxD.jpg

did some more arts and crafts. finally cleaned, painted and sealed the towers, also added a thick bar in there as a strut brace, still clears battery and creates a barrier for it to protect it. then flaked the heck out of it

TQq3Gpe.jpg

MyBxYlS.jpg

also, better images of what i did to the arms

BEB1Jrt.jpg

qQ3X2IT.jpg

M15T8Yo.jpg

#49 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7338 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

Mk-IIs are cool,

but an SR ??

You will have the ghosts of dead Toyota & Nissan designers haunting you.

Good god, go Beams, or built 22R with a big turbo.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#50 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6614 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium