354 replies to this topic

#341 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 275 posts
  • Powered By:7MGE, Dicks

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:59 AM

Right now I'm using the OE PS pump from the Aristo and since those had progressive power steering, but my Cressida doesn't, the pump doesn't work right. I've been told the fix is to get an IS300 pump, so I'm going to give it a go. 

I'll probably get a reman for that lifetime warranty or whatever.

#342 brian

brian

I♥1J

• Root Admin
  • 4386 posts
  • Powered By:1JZGTE, Big Balls V8, Caffeine, 5VZ-FE

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

doesn't work?  did you disconnect your PPS solenoid on your cressida rack or something?

"Don't bother messaging me if you ugly, cocky, trashy or not in the age range of 31-39" -andreakm26

#343 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

i had mine disconnected and it was real heavy steers at low revs, but was good on highway. i connected it and then it was like a cadillac but a little too sensitive on the highway, but whatever. the camber dulls it out. shortly thereafter my pump died, shit itself everywhere lol

#344 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 275 posts
  • Powered By:7MGE, Dicks

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:24 AM

There was a video on YouTube by BackyardBuilt that explained the issues that he experiencing with the Aristo pump and it was the same issues as I am experiencing. basically dead spots where the steering would go from easy to hard back to easy as he was steering. All he did was swap the Aristo pump for an IS300 unit and it steered like a cadillac.

Linky:

https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=etHxUhDgazU

#345 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

that sounds exactly what my buddy was experiencing as well. then went GM

#346 flyNhyn

flyNhyn

I♥5M

• real members
  • 22 posts
  • Powered By:5ME

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

I just took the restrictor in the solenoid
out of the ps pump and its cherry now. Engine is a Vvti 1uz from 98 gs400.

#347 brian

brian

I♥1J

• Root Admin
  • 4386 posts
  • Powered By:1JZGTE, Big Balls V8, Caffeine, 5VZ-FE

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:53 AM

yeah i was going to say, it looks easier to just remove the solenoid bits.

but you said you didnt have pps, did you disconnect it or swap to a different rack? all US x8s have PPS.
"Don't bother messaging me if you ugly, cocky, trashy or not in the age range of 31-39" -andreakm26

#348 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 7012 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

has anyone looped back to the idea of replacing the pps brain with the rheostat to dial in your own steering effort?

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#349 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2861 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

^^ I think about once in a while, but as far as I know no one ever posted one that didn't eventually burn up/out.

*edit Woah I just thought about it again,  I wonder if thats a signal my ecu could output

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#350 ChriSOL

ChriSOL

I♥2J

• 7012 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

gordo and anyone who knows electronics better than me prob has a good idea how to implement it. its controllable if you want it to be i guess.

or werent there some x7 racks without pps you can swap in?

a-aron deleted his at the rack i believe.

My friend that lives in US showed me CraigsList while we search for my Cressida. You find lots of odd things on that site. Lots of fat US girls looking for a free ride from black basketball type American man.

#351 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7366 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

I don't have a clue on that one.

That is why I am going to the MR-S pump, because it as a built in controller, that only needs a signal from the trans speed sensor, and automatically varies output.

I would suggest buying the factory manual for that car, and read up on what kind of signals make it work.

Then see if you can adapt something like an RPM switch to shift from lots of assistance to minimal assistance.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#352 brian

brian

I♥1J

• Root Admin
  • 4386 posts