• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:53 AM

if you need more wiring from me, i'll definitely leave them loose on purpose this time ;)

#22 Lofty

Lofty

MOTOBYTE.NET

• real members
  • 2167 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:35 AM

Demesio knows his shit. I 2nd the Wilbo site. 

Do you know how to check for continuity? This will save your life. 

Edit: Panic isn't bad.... but mine I had to redo a lot of parts of the wiring. I wish I did it myself. 

post-cressida jzxp is a fitting limbo for us to exist in. hell is a choose-your-own-adventure story and there are no "good"endings.

#23 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7444 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

Do you know how to check for continuity?  

Make up a couple of long jumper leads, with alligator clips.

To test a wire, hook one end of the test lead onto the positive battery post, then to one end of the wire your checking.

Then the other lead to the other end of the wire to be tested, and it's other clip to ground.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#24 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6620 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium
  • Powered By:Dicks

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

My biggest pet peeve is when N/A owners say they have a 2jz and specifically leave out GE, knowing damn well there's a big fucking difference.

They all wire into the car the same, faggot.
Maybe it's a cultural thing? I mean, we saw the British coming. India, they did not.

#25 timtiminy

timtiminy

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, fitness, health. Bicycles, running, rock climbing.

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:58 AM

So I got the engine and transmission bolted in (the easy part). Ended up making some engine mount brackets that closely resemble the XM ones so I could put the shifter where I want. That worked out nicely other than trying to use the factory trans mount and crossmember on the AR5. Only 2 of the 4 bolts are in on the mount and 2 of the 4 are in on the cross member, so I'm going to do some measuring and fab up a new crossmember and trans mount utilizing an Energy poly gm trans mount. 

I took the upper intake manifold and the engine wiring harness off so I could do all the wiring on a bench and test all the important wires. Going to try to make it plug and play using part of the 7m ecu header, not sure if I'll be able to keep the 2jz ecu in the stock location above the glove box or will have to sacrifice the glovebox for the space. Would love to see if any of you have been able to keep the glovebox with the 2jz ecu and how you accomplished that.

Anyone know what part number for the ecu pin terminals used in the non vvti 2jzge harness on TE or Mouser?

#26 timtiminy

timtiminy

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

I think I found the pin terminals if anyone could verify: https://www.te.com/u...t-175197-2.html

#27 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2919 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:39 PM

Can you not put the ecu up above the bar above the glove box where the 7m one was kept?  I just helped Vampirebeats wire his car, and we extended the harness and was able to put it in the factory location while maintaining the glove box.  Although his is just a blitz vtti1j ecu,  *I think* the 2j ones are fatter right?

Anyways how many pins do you need if it's just a few like 10 or so I can probably drop some in an envelope your way unless they aren't the same as the normal 1uz pins which is highly probable.

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#28 timtiminy

timtiminy

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:48 AM

Yeah that's where I want to mount the ecu, thinking the bulk of the wire harness might be the issue especially if I keep the IK1 and IK2 plugs (LHD gs300 harness).  I was asking about the pins to try to minimize splicing and soldering so I can just crimp the pin terminals and be done with it. I'll probably just order 50 or so of them since they're pretty cheap.

#29 BoristheCat

BoristheCat

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

Ugh... all this is covered in my thread. Check my thread in the tech section as well. Now I'm understanding why all the OG's get cranky about new posters.

V0ETrsum.png       

#30 timtiminy

timtiminy

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:04 PM

I've been reading your thread Boris, saw you re-did your harness but didn't see anywhere you mentioned what pin terminals you used. The build is looking awesome though, don't get too distracted by the rolla, I wanna see the cress finished

#31 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I♥1J

• real members
  • 376 posts