• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

doing research for the supras diff and since i have a factory LSD, it requires me to have different bearings ( or new? ) and the open diffs side shafts as mine im sure are different length.  up here in canada everything seems to be LSD so finding an open diff is difficult.  i'll be going to the junk yards once the weather gets better but just putting this out there.  both kaaz and ATS require the open diff shafts, no word yet on if anyone makes one for a LSD replacement

#2 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

and or a clutch type diff from Kaaz/ATS/Cusco/OS etc. looking to take out this ticking time bomb of a welded LSD. gearing up to replace it when it does shatter or just not work anymore

#3 BoristheCat

BoristheCat

I♥5M

• real members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Damn, if this post was 3 months older, I could have shipped you my whole stock open diff from my scrapped X7 project.  Would have sold it for dirt cheap too.  Good luck

#4 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

talked to Kaaz and their diff is designed to be used with open and stock LSD, apparently the only difference was c clip and non? thats what Ray told me anyways.  both ATS and Kaaz use different bearings than stock, so i double checked those today and theyre available.  learned about the gx71 diffs and how the late model are actually rare 8inch diffs pre jzx, and that the sat2090 kaaz was designed for the is200.  i guess the bearing change for the supra is because of the different carrier in the is200.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users