354 replies to this topic

#341 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 279 posts
  • Powered By:7MGE, Dicks

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:24 AM

And if any of you have been living under a rock and need an article about twin scroll to read about, here's a 101 I found on Google in 0.49 seconds. Also there are 4,500,000 other search results on Google if you want to review more research and development statistical data.

http://www.superstre...-system-design/

Better yet, don't even try understanding twin scroll. Stick to log manifolds, aggressive cams and port and polishing your heads in attempt to get that Trust TD-06 to spool at 5000rpm. Worked in the 90's, should still work today right?

#342 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7370 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

Most problems associated with poor spooling on a Trust turbo was from people using the wrong one.

Trust (Mitsubishi) sized their turbine housings by the area of the slot that fed the wheel.

All their housings had a number cast just inside the flange, and if you didn't pay attention to what housing you had, you got poor spool up.

Fuck, my T88 would spool at 5k...

Besides, most turbo engines are meant to make way more power than what was possible NA, not just equal to what a built NA could make.

Glad your satisfied with the 350-450 your 1Js make, after you go through all that work.

Glad you realize your limitations.

A well built 1JZ should be capable of the 800+ that well built 7MGTE street engines make.

But you may be too young to remember any of this....Or you just don't know how to use a clutch.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#343 BoristheCat

BoristheCat

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

zEhbbul.jpg

Didn't know squat about twin scroll stuff until I read that article... the exhaust pulse logic makes total sense though

V0ETrsum.png       

#344 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

alls i knows is, my car does a burny skid at whatever rpm. im no wizard.

and theres really cool turbo tech that can alter these same spool characteristics. spectrum motorsports has been doing this for quite some time. making ok turbos fuckin magic.  single 44 does exactly what i need it to do. i just see dual gates on non divided turbos and manifolds and see it so often on JZs i had to ask. what youre doing will totally work, but to me its just more gates and more plumbing for something thats already going to be sick.

lets not do this jz/m motor thing, who cares. theyre both capable of doing burnies and doing a skid, or a drag thing or whatever. 

#345 Jacob

Jacob

All the things

• OG
  • 2365 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:16 AM

I was going off a dusty conversation with an old member here and some grasping at straws of common sense.

The current internet says exhaust pulses are better maintained. V8 has that as a disadvantage. Tt actually fucks it's pulses up. But an inline 4-6 gets divided into 2 smaller-motor pulses.

2 smaller gates also regulate low and high boost pressure better (no boost creep). Drag racing seems to like not using 35psi out of the hole.

Response is better overall. I doubt we are talking about response that matters to hipster fucktard trying their best to mismatch body panels and pick them stickers.
No.

#346 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:22 AM

It's just a conspiracy to get people to buy more wastegates, you fools all ate it up...

#347 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 279 posts
  • Powered By:7MGE, Dicks

Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

Been having a great time driving the Cressida around. Thrashing it. Taking it to car shows and eavesdropping on people's commentary of the car from a distance.

43510832081_d1a56d6df7_b.jpg

41702701190_6657e4ee84_b.jpg

So when shit is working right and you're having a great time with it, what's the best thing to do? Tear it apart of course.
Getting ready to pull the engine to install my OS Giken clutch, Single Turbo conversion, X7 steering rack conversion, paint the bay, maintenance and overall cleaning up of hoses/wires/ engine bay clutter. Since I wasn't sure how the swap was going to turn out, I didn't go all out in a lot of areas, so now I want to get in there and take care of some stuff I half-assed to get it running. I'll probably have the engine pulled this weekend. I just ordered all my aforementioned parts this week so I have some waiting to do. Plus I'm still waiting on my manifold.

42793967284_3c7b59200f_b.jpg

43510832671_6f01ae4ca2_b.jpg

#348 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 279 posts