• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#21 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Does that mean you have the x8 strut assembly in your x7?/5lug? If the knuckles don't fit I'll chop the stock ones and make shorter. I just have this stuff lying around as cores for the x8 if I decide to do short knuckles on it as well. I assume x7 and a6 are the same, if not similar.

#22 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2861 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

Ya I use x8 struts on my car.  I believe the ball joint pitch is the same (I could be wrong here.)  

Could probaly run t3 or xm knuckles or the cut and weld special to reuse your ma struts

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#23 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:21 PM

just looked at the t3 rcas i have online and theyre a lot different than the x8 more tear drop shape. might be able to use the LCAs...or ill just extend these about 20mm and then cut and shut the stock knuckles. T3 can fuck right off with their garbage products. im just going to mod my stock stuff and should be just fine. just read kennys thread and it didnt have a lot of info but the pictures showed him saying not being able to use the stock strut rod with the x8 LCAs, i assume its just hole spacing, which would just mean drolling new holes and reinforcing if it looks in a weak area. not a big deal. also looking at moving the rack forward with the knuclkles being shortened. i have a couple front subframe and give er a go on. did that on the s13 and it made a world of difference

#24 hantavirusx8

hantavirusx8

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 126 posts
  • Powered By:1JZGTE, Caffeine, Alcohol

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:28 PM

Nice work. I like the dash

#25 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

Current issues. Need to raise the front, rubs too much on the fender. Need to mod inner rear arches because it rubs under squat. Safc isn't adjusting fuel? Out of boost its 14-15 AFR and then 12-10 while in boost. Adding fuel down low and removing up high hasnt changed the afrs. I think im hitting fuel cut? I have a fcd to put in. Thought the ECU was modded, guess not. I thought I put a 7psi spring in the tial and the vibrant Manuel boost controller is off, and it's boosting to 1.5 bar then it feels like I hit a wall. Hits 10 AFR when the stop comes. My front springs are also binding.. Happens on the supra as well, both stance coilovers. Springs are seated with a turn or two of preload..so iunno

#26 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7366 posts
  • Interests:Your mother

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

A/F ratios look OK, what are you aiming for ?

Explain 'out of boost', and 'in boost'. Do you have the SAFC tied into a map sensor?

What are your throttle points set at?

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#27 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

Looking for richer out of boost. It fully spools at 4k, starts at 3ish? In boost its great til it hits that wall. Throttle points are set from what it is when you initialise the safc. Every 600?rpm. I have to check wiring to safc to make sure it's correct. Been a long time now.

Should also note I didn't touch the cross over function, that lo and hi setting, where most run 10% lo and 65% hi

#28 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2861 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

I'm not familiar with how safc adjusts across the board but I know for a stock ecu 14-15 was pretty stardard outside of boost.  I used to hit boost cut all the time in hawaii and phoenix. Do you have your CEL hooked up, because I'm pretty sure it would trigger my CEL when it hit cut for a second or 2 and it would go away

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#29 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7366 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

If under hard acceleration, but below boost, you should be around 12:1

14-ish is fine at low throttle, cruising, no boost, but that's about it.

Personally, I wouldn't go more than 11-ish A/F for that low of boost.

Richer than that is usually used up into the 2-bar range

I suggest sitting down with pen & paper, and recording everything, then start playing with it.

10% is awfully low for the low throttle position. I would move that up to 20-25%, and 50-ish% on the hi throttle.

The DSM guys have had a lot of luck by not using throttle position input tied into the TPS, but a map sensor instead,

but I have never tried that.

I may have that info saved somewhere if you're interested.

The thing is, if you right everything down, it's easy to get back to your starting point.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:
Jacob - "We're all fucked. We'll be comparing everything to a Japanese taxi for the rest of our lives."

#30 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

I just find it odd that with no correction and the 440s most ppl have to adjust fuelling and mine seemed fine. I'll be writing it down and seeing how it goes. I figure more fueling going into boost would result in being able to run more timing and spool quicker. I'll see if it's hooked to tps or map for it.

As I said, it was boosting to 1.5 bar si I have to see why. Could be wrong spring. They had soot on them and was hard to tell what pressure they were using tials site

Thanks!

#31 Gordo

Gordo

Resident Grumpy Old Man

• real members
  • 7366 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

It is hard to watch the tach, road, and A/F when hard on it.

Love my Innovate data logging, all I have to do is drive.

Prefixes for 'Gordo'
 口 Holy Shit  
口That ass hole,  
口The Magnificant  
口That old fart,  
口The infamous  
口That crazy  
口That 7M guy,   

Best JZXP statement:

#32 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

i can agree to that. i need a co pilot

#33 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 879 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:08 PM

I fucked with the fueling today. Does sick skids. And rolling burnouts. Doesn't seem to be hitting g fuel cut or anything. Still spiking to 1.5bar. Feels awesome

#34 Kyle

Kyle

1jz/holset whore

• real members
  • 6614 posts
  • Interests:speed parts made by chinese children and jz powered lithium