• real members
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:10 PM

Done. (for the most part)

ghzRpc6.jpg

tROz8b4.jpg

oFk8laB.jpg

rj3PatY.jpg

Runs fucking awesome (for the most part).  Couple things to work out.  Occasionally it breaks up a bit under full throttle.  Does it mostly when hot, seems like a coil/spark issue.  Also idles low (450-500) at times, other times it's fine (700), usually after coming back for another key cycle when hot.  Whatever I'll figure my shit out.  Other than that, no problems driving it around and beating the shit out of it.

I went into this without ever fucking with any of the late model engines before, assuming it wouldn't even run on an immobilizer ECU.  But I guess it doesn't give a shit? No immobilizer harness connector, nothing from the auto trans connected, no speed sensor input.  Still need to wire in a DLC plug

And it sounds awesome.  Easily the best sounding JZ

#162 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:49 AM

more people realize that it's easy and that's why they are getting popular and expensive... my favorite is when they go to driftlotion and get the DBW delete.

#163 BoristheCat

BoristheCat

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:27 AM

^^ Sheeeeeittt...

V0ETrsum.png       

#164 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2919 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:57 AM

If these ECUs also control the trans (I can't remember if they do, I know 2jvvti does) you should try one of the AT simulator boxes from russia.

Looking good either way!

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#165 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I♥1J

• real members
  • 376 posts
  • Powered By:7MGE, Dicks

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

Good work. Looks tidy!

Where'd you get your hands on that squiggly double 90* charge piping to the intake manifold? Looks real proper!

#166 battleaxe

battleaxe

I♥1J

• real members
  • 919 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

Good work. Looks tidy!

Where'd you get your hands on that squiggly double 90* charge piping to the intake manifold? Looks real proper!

greddy "makes" them, you can also weld 2 vibrant tight 90s for the same effect if you wanted it real tight

#167 Urrik

Urrik

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:33 PM

Damn, should we be keeping this shit on the down low? I want to still be able to afford one of these in a few years when I want to swap whatever base model right hand drive JZ chassis bullshit car I decide to afflict myself with when it's time to retire this car. But I guess there are already too many other platforms that facilitate enough hand holding and cock suckery to spread the word.

I don't get the big deal everyone makes about the electronic throttle. So far it works fine and doesn't feel all that unnatural.

Whoremouth youve got one of thems devices in the V8 car? Notice any difference in running quality?

The charge pipe was part of a Chinese copy of the Greddy? JZX100 intercooler piping kit. It's actually a cast piece like the original pipe is, except a lot more Chinese

#168 LUMBERZACK

LUMBERZACK

I♥1J

• real members
  • 376 posts
  • Powered By:7MGE, Dicks

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:05 PM

looks pretty handy and a good fit. I use an ECU box as well so that area is very limited for charge piping. 

Part of me likes seeing more people take interest in this chassis for wider range of OTS aftermarket parts, but the other part of me hates seeing more people for the increasing scarcity of available parts. 
I don't mind the increase in price and value as I'm already fully invested.

#169 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:30 AM

I bought mine at 1200 and a year later when i finished the swap they are around 1600 bucks.

My only suggestion to make it better would be to get rid of the bov vsv and run a proper vacuum line from the bov to the manifold.

#170 Urrik

Urrik

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:08 AM

Yeah I've been eyeing that thing and it seems pretty retarded. It looks like instead of a conventional BOV with a vacuum actuated top port, boost pressure is ported from the compressor housing to the VSV, then to the bottom of the BOV diaphragm. Looks like the VSV switches to apply pressure to open the valve? If it can work without the VSV I'll do it up.

I've been looking at aftermarket recirc BOV kits that use the factory J-pipe intake chamber because I'm gay and like the way it looks. I'm liking the Greddy type FV kit, but I can't find shit for pictures of the 1JZ specific kit anywhere except some random Russian site. Probably back ordered into oblivion too.

Edit: so there's that pretty large vent hole around the lower edge of the top of the BOV diaphragm, going to just drill and tap that for a fitting

#171 WhoreMouth_Jr

WhoreMouth_Jr

I ♥ 1.5J

• real members
  • 2919 posts
  • Interests:Dudes, Dicks, Derivatives

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

I agree to a few posts ago about not being able to tell the difference.  I don't think I can notice the difference really in the uz in relation to it being DBW.   As for the Trans simulator I haven't tried it without, but it has 5 different modes and he also recommended trying to connect one of the wires to L instead of 2 or vice versa I can't remember exactly,  which would give a total of 10 different options.   I've been wanting to rent an hour of dyno time somewhere and try out all the different settings to see how it actually affects the car.   Butttt we are proabably parting out/ selling that car at the end of next month.

Here is the before and after dyno graph of someone else testing the simulator though:

13659208_274998866195925_126771471767349

Also in regards to the BOV my buddy's (Vampirebeats) jz came with a one of those blitz BOVs on his vvti1j swap.  Looks pretty cool and it looks like the previous owner had already bypassed the vsv for the BOV.  Also doesn't recirc but looks like it uses some of the oem piping  

653gWfB.jpg

why do we spend our time and money on shitty cars that cant love us back?

#172 Demesio

Demesio

I♥VTEC

• real members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

stock bov works, just needs to be hooked up correctly. the car will run great with the turbo and the turbo will live on stock boost. most people just plug up the bov or remove it and fuck the turbo up. unless you want an excuse to go big single.

#173 Urrik

Urrik

I HATE 7M

• real members
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:55 PM

^ My wallet says not quite yet lol.  Plus this turbo is pretty tight and I haven't had a single puff of smoke from this engine yet. Which I know won't be forever.  I'll see what happens with this stock shit

Yeah from what I've found, the Blitz, Sard, HKS etc kits are atmospheric and just come with a plate to block off the intake chamber.  This is what looks to be the Greddy kit for JZX100:  https://www.farpost....v-42499591.html

nUVz9KW.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users